The highest priority of nearly all foreign students when studying abroad is finding a career.
Australia is one of the strongest countries, for that matter.
In terms of international student job rights, which is why the country is great.
• Simple access to part-time work for foreign students
• The minimum salary is high (the minimum wage is $19.49 per hour as of 1 July 2019).
• Working words are based on EQUALITY
• Post-study job rights are generous (PSWR)
• Job protections also exist for the families of students
Work when you are studying in Australia
As a foreign student, when your classes are going on, you can work for up to 20 hours a week; there
is no cap to the number of hours during holidays.
But make sure the studies are not interrupted by a lucrative part-time job.
By having a steady & full-time job, you can make more cash after completing your studies.
The rights in Australia as an international student working
While you are employed throughout your research, you have the right to —
• A minimum salary; In Australia, the world’s maximum minimum wage is
• Work Security
• Periods of rest
• A safe working atmosphere
Job Privileges Post-Study
Dependent on what kind of certification you have, you will stay back for up to 6 years after your
Job Rights for the Families of Students
Your family members accompanying you (wife/husband/partner or other dependents) will be able
to work in Australia.
• Generally, they are allowed to work 40 hours a fortnight.
• UNLIMITED Job Rights Dependants on both PhDs and Masters by research students
Few common part-time work opportunities and potential earnings for International
• Parks Human Resources Administrator ($18-$ 24 / hr)
• Office Bookkeeper and Planner ($24-$34 / hr plus mega (benefits))
• Champion for Medical Receptionist/ Customer Support! (from $18 to $28 / hr)
• Officer for Collections ($18-$27 / hr)
• Attendants for Food & Drink ($25-$35 / hr)
• Public Resources Disability Support Worker ($25 / hr + super and NFP tax benefits)
• Beauty Consultants ($25 / hr) … and several more
Will you like to hear more about Australia’s student job rights? Register for our free counseling
session and meet with expert admission officers to apply on the spot!